Sunday, April 20

On Olay, Olay :D

So, I have a Coding Theory assignment and an OS code left to be done. But that can all wait.


Usual summer afternoons are completely unbearable. Waking up in sweat, looking up in despair only to find a cob web ridden ceiling, and the most worthless fan ever working at half its capacity. But today, I woke up at 5 to find a completely pleasant weather outside. Not the stark unforgiving blue, but something more pleasant. I figured I must have checked the time wrong, unable to think straight. Anyway, it was 5 PM and it was super cloudy. Tea and biscuits were had and I headed to the library, controlling my urge to go to CEP terrace. I felt like a Labrador :| Waiting for rains. Completely excited. A spring in my step. More like, "Its going to happen, yes it going to happen." 
The clouds were playing out different shades of yellow and grey, just when the sun was singing its swansong and winds were picking up speed. The stage was set.


It rained :D or rather hailed. Chaos. It became super windy! Trees started getting uprooted. You could hear the rain and all its entourage. Making a scene. It was amazing. With the winds blowing at your face at such speeds, washing your face with all the rain, ah :) Bliss.

Here is a video, a friend took from outside his room.





Of the many things that are awesome about Daiict, the one thing is, you keep falling in love with her again and again. You'll hate her at times, become indifferent to her, and then she plays her cards, carefully waiting for the right moments. You vixen! When it rains for the first time on campus, you fall hard of it. Its almost magical the way the campus transforms. The orange street lights and the fluorescent ones. Such high winds, with water vapours dancing away from one light to another, orange to fluorescent. Almost enjoying the spotlight, afraid to come to the ground and call it a night. Your minutes of fame.


Thanks for the photos Anuj, and mailing them as "Gujju Snowfall"

And then it hailed. Hailed in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Tried picking up a hailfight, but eh. Failed.

Anyway, I am like really happy right now. And if you pass by me right now in library and give me a smile, I will give you a damn big grin with gleaming eyes, creep you out. Possibly ending our communication for the rest of the time I am still in college.

Life seems really clean and simple. Life is good. One of the best weekends of this semester for multiple reasons :)



No comments:

Post a Comment