Sunday, October 6

Why I Keep Getting the Writer's Block and What I am Going to Do About It Now.


Also Kitchen Utensils.

I was thinking why I have not been writing or blogging lately. Well, I had been looking at my blog completely wrong. Sorry blog :( This blog is meant to be a blog. I was treating it as my own magazine with all the longer articles, quality and themes. All the expectations of getting a really good 'article'  killed my enthusiasm and I developed a lot of inertia. I have so many partially written articles which are rotting as drafts waiting to be published into the real world but will never end up being mouthed by other lips just because I don't think they are good enough.



Expectations are stupid stupid stupid. 

 If I look back, most of the times I have stopped writing is because of this reason. Expectations from writing in the longer form. I used to have so many ideas which could have been penned but I ended up tweeting about them (shorter form with minuscule expectations) . Tweeting them gave me the false idea that I have been 'writing' and giving justice to all the ideas in my head which wanted to be penned but were cheated ultimately. False advertisement.

"Don't tweet about your next article's idea. Ever."

Blog V2. Macro Micro Blogging. 


Anyway, I have decided to treat this blog differently now. I am going to treat it like twitter just in the longer form. Macro-micro blogging. Which is um just blogging. So smart. Haha. Devolution.

So I am just going to blog anything that comes to my mind. Anything that happens in my day. Just about anything. No expectations. Just writing whatever catches my mind's fancy. Anything random. There is an ant walking over the banana resting on my desk. Probably feeling very proud.

So, yes.
I won't give a fuck about expectations. The length can be any. I will just write anything. Not falling for this trap again. Hopefully. No expectations, no disappointments. I just want to keep writing, it makes me happy. I don't want any kinds of inertia. Just free flowing writing.

The power of one-click publish on the internet gets demeaned if it takes so much courage to do it. It's supposed to give me a voice and I am reclaiming it :)




So, my blog is having a rebirth.
Song for the post?
Skillet - Rebirthing.


I used to listen to them a lot in my school days. Btw, if you don't know what skillet means, it is this:



So why is the band named as Skillet?

Here is why, each of the members when starting the project were in seperate bands. All those bands were pretty different. So this side project of theirs was like mixing all their individual styles into one big pan and coming with something interesting. Therefore, Skillet!




Let me know what you think?
Click here to Subscribe.
Comment, like and subscribe. Do it. Now. No? Please? Okay. Monster!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't knew that some one who is not a neophyte in writing like yourself used to think so much before publishing. You write very articulately so you should carry one without thinking much, after all blog is for our self, which anyhow now it seems you are going to. Btw I listen to skillet sometimes but didn't knew its meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaah so that explains it :-)
    But totally enjoying :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Explains all the randomness? Which post are you referring too :)

      Thanks!

      Delete